Monday, November 9, 2009

New Home...



It is so hard to really believe that this time next week we will be in a new house. A new house that we will make into our new home. God's hand has been so evident in the orchestration of the purchase. I believe he led me to this house through a simple search of a house large enough for all of us in a place we would all feel at peace and that Ashley would be able to continue in the same school district. The peace we felt when we first walked in the front door was so astounding.

Packing up has been hard - well I guess it is hard. I haven't really done any of the packing so far but I come home each day and Kirsten and Jay's mom will have packed something else up. It's very emotional leaving this house. Our children grew up there. All our memories of Pam are there. All the birthday parties, Christmas mornings, and all the other memories that are a part of our lives were created there. And yet I have a peace about moving on. I think Pam would "approve" and be happy for us.

I laugh and cry when I think of packing up. She would probably already have it all done ... me I just keep saying I'll get it done in time....:) I miss her. Oh, how I miss her.

I pray for the children. They are silent about their inner thoughts and I know they must be feeling the same mixed emotions about moving. But they are excited too and that is such fun to watch and be a part of. They keep teasing me about my ORANGE dining room and PINK kitchen. So when you sell a house and the realtor says stick with neutral colors to help it sell - remember we purchased a house with ORANGE and PINK where ORANGE and PINK should never be. :)
Keep on praying for us....











No comments:

Post a Comment