Friday, November 27, 2009

Thankful at Thanksgiving...


We have celebrated our first Thanksgiving in our new home and lived through our first Thanksgiving without Pam's presence. This morning I feel the loss more strongly - I would have been up at 5 AM to head out to black Friday sales. We always did this together - she made it fun.

Today we will be going out to get our tree. It's a time we really experience all the "joys" of family. I like this one, no it's too small, I like this one, no it's too tall, I like this one, no it's too....you know the "fun" times and then we see it and life is good. After a trip to Krispy Kreme for "dinner" we will head home and put the tree in the house and then get to remember all the past Christmases.

The kids are doing so well at least on the outside. Each is enjoying fixing up their new rooms. If only my bank account could keep up with their "needs" - once again we are trying to practice the "needs" versus the "wants" mentality.

Life is busy but good. We still have lots to sort through both physically and mentally and pray for the Lord to walk this journey with us everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment