Thursday, January 14, 2010

Happy New Year...

What will 2010 bring to our family? If I'm sure of one thing it is that it will bring change - chaos - and surprises. I would like just one day of nothing...hmmm.

Mollie is dropping out of UNCG - I'm scared for her but she is making her own choices. I have to be quiet - well sort of quiet - how about quiet for ME? She wants to enroll in an online school to major in Music Business? Full Sail college out of Florida - anyone ever hear of it? Not me - Lord help me know when to speak and when to be silent.

Bryce is applying to teach English in France come September. He is giving me 9 months to prepare for this - yeah like that's going to happen. If the France position doesn't come through he is applying to return to Spain - so either way he is headed overseas come fall - leaving me home with THREE GIRLS!

Kirsten 0h Kirsten. Not sure what she's going to do.

Ashley is good other than some stomach issues. We are trying to figure these out but for the most part she is a typical 13 year old GIRL...if there is such a thing.

Jay - needs to go to the doctor - his knee is really bothering but he has to do it. I can't make him or can I?

We are nearly at the eight month mark of living without Pam. I had a fretful wake up this past Tuesday when I heard myself screaming Jay's name the way I did on May 19th. I'm in survival mode most of the time and long for enjoying life mode.

We must get the house on Florida Street on the market and SOLD. Please Lord encourage us to get this done....

May 2010 be kind to us...it's started out so eventful - the earthquake in Haiti is on all our minds. I ask "why Lord" and I know He didn't "make" it happen - we live in a fallen world that is full of bad things. Let us feel your love and let us show your love to others, Lord.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Connie! I have heard of Full Sail! My boyfriend went there for Graphic Design. He didn't do it online though, he actually went to the school in FL. I don't know if the whole school is like this, but he did an accelerated program that was only 13 months. Anyways, with all that stuff, success is really about hard work and motivation and dedication. After he graduated he went back to NJ (where he's from) and sent his info everywhere...hundreds of places...for two years (he worked at blockbuster while doing that) until he finally got some interviews and then a paid internship (which turned into a job offer) out here in Los Angeles. So he now works for a movie marketing company designing movie websites, iphone games, etc.

    This is what he said about the music business program:

    "Online I'm not sure about because I don't know how you'd have all the equipment and first hand experience, but I know the music program is the most popular program and classes are huge and you really need to make an impression on people to be heard/seen. It's also easy to pass if you look at it like school which most people do, but you gotta look at it like what you do here will determine if I get a job or not. It's a lot of money to just think of it as school."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephanie - Thank you so much for this information and what a blessing to have some first hand thoughts. I'll pass this on to Mollie. She is really struggling and I'm out of steam these days and I don't feel I'm really giving her what she needs. Hope you are doing well. I love keeping up with your coming and going on FB. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, I really need to blog more, but I'm glad you can keep up with me through facebook. I am hopefully going to at least start updating my photography blog, so that people will hire me to take pictures for them! Where are you guys going to church now? Glad that the info I gave you can be of some help. :-)

    ReplyDelete