Friday, August 14, 2009

End of Vacation

Well we have had two days of rain...ugh. Not the way you want to end your vacation but something totally beyond our control. We've about finished a puzzle - many books have been read and everyone is still alive so I guess we have been sucessful.

Tomorrow we pack up to head home and part of me is ready. It has been a good week and the Lord really provided the needed support through the Benedict family. As we cooked our annual seafood fest last night I was so reminded of Pam as she would stand by me and be my "sou chef" but this year she is not here to fulfill that role so my dear friend Cynthia graciously took on this role and made preparing the meal fun.

Before we head home tomorrow we will spread some of Pam's ashes in the ocean. She loved the beach as much as she loved Disney - maybe more as she shared my love of the ocean and the awesomeness of God's incredible creation. Today I just wish He would have held back some of the rain but then maybe He protected us from getting burned :)

It's been a great distraction this week from the daily reminders of Pam's absence - will I ever be used to it? I doubt it - God has given me a sign of her presence - each time I see a butterfly I am reminded of her love for nature and have decided it is her visiting me if for only a moment.

Well time to start packing up some stuff and preparing for returning to the "real world".

No comments:

Post a Comment