Thursday, August 20, 2009

Shopping - a new memory

Tomorrow I will be taking Ashley for her annual back to school shopping trip. This was always done with Pam at our side finding the best bargains and supporting me when I would say no to something Ashley wanted that I didn't think we should get. She was also there to help convince me to buy things Ashley wanted when I was unsure about the purchase. So here we go on another one of many 1sts.

So I decided to switch things up - we are going to Concord Mills. I've never been there - Pam never went there and so it will be some place totally different. But once again I would normally never go somewhere for the 1st time without Pam to drive me, guide me and just support me as she did for so many years.

We are taking a friend, Cynthia, with us and we are actually going to spend the night. Mollie and her friend Amanda are going to a concert in Charlotte and will be able to come back to the hotel and spend the night. So it should be a fun time.

Jay gets to stay with Gizmo and also go over and stay with Cynthia's two dachshunds for the night. Gizmo will have his first sleep over :)

I'm praying the Lord will guide my steps and help me as I learn to make new memories and set new traditions without Pam at my side.

No comments:

Post a Comment